Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Refuse to be Usual 7 Heart Buckle Shoe Review


I really wanted a pair of normal-ish shoes that were not actually a boot or a rocking horse shoe, so I decided to go with these. I placed my order on 8-13-10. It says that it can take up to 10 days for the item to ship. I received positive feedback on 8-23-10 from Refuse to be Usual stating that my shoes had shipped the same day. They also provided a tracking number. I received the shoes on 8-31.


The shoes were packed in a box and each shoe was in its own individual bag and had paper inside them to help them keep their shape.


I ordered the shoes in size 8-8 1/2. I normally wear a size smaller but the sizing chart the seller used seemed to put me at this size. I'm glad I got the size I did though, despite them being a hair too big. They are not uncomfortable in the least bit and there is a nice amount of wiggle room for my toes. The shoes zip up in the back so you only have to go through the trouble of adjusting all the straps once, which is nice. The shoes are well made. They actually have a little bit of a grip on the bottom, so it will be easier to wear these than some other shoes by Montreal.


My only minor complaints are the bows up top seem to be slightly off to the side when I wear them. It's not at all noticable if it's not pointed out to you. More annoying though, is that the bows on the toes are slightly lopsided. I'm not really sure lopsided is the right word for it, but the bows both seem to curl up on one side, while they sit flat on the other side.


Overall, I am happy with these shoes. I do think that I should have gotten them much sooner since I did pay for EMS, but it does specifically state in their TOS that is can take up to 10 days to ship. Once it left their hands, it's obviously not their fault that it seemed to stay stuck in customs for like 4 days, but I honestly didn't think it would take them a full 10 days to actually ship them. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy from RTBU again. They did keep me updated throughout the process and I did like that they provided tracking without me having to ask for it. All in all, it was a pleasant experience.

After having worn these shoes for about 12 hours straight, I must say that they are quite comfortable too. The shoes have ample toe-room and seem to have enough support in the bottom that they don't need inserts or anything. I'm very happy with them. I own three pairs of Montreal shoes and I'm very happy with all three of them comfort wise.



1 comment:

  1. I love these shoes so much! They are totally unique and adorable with a slight edge.
    Thanks! I just found your blog and it's great! <3
    www.BombshellLolita.com

    ReplyDelete