Monday, July 12, 2010

A Trip to the Sterling Renaissance Festival



Today I went to the Renaissance Festival in Sterling, New York. We had a great time. We got up early and got ready and by we I mostly mean I since I had my hair to do. I got my friend Charity to wear lolita clothes with me which meant for once I wasn't the only lolita walking around. We got to the festival a little early but made our way straight to the "stage" for the jousting match.


The jousting match was a little bit different from last years, but all in all it was pretty much the same show. I think I enjoyed it better this year since I wasn't sitting in the hot sun though unlike last year. We wandered around and found some really nice things. I really wanted to get one of these amazing eye patches made from real animal bones. I am a bit short on money at the moment but I will definitely be hitting their Etsy (Dry Bones Studios) up soon. I need to come up with a neat coordinate for it first though. ^ ^ After a bit of wandering we went and watched the tomato man for a bit. He was funny but I preferred the guy from last year since his insults and jokes were way better.


After getting some pickles and salt potatoes and wandering a bit, we went and saw the sword swallowing magician. It was an amazing show! We talked to the guy for a bit after too and he seemed like a pretty cool guy, as if swallowing swords and knives didn't already make you a cool guy.

As I said in a previous blog, I've been pretty excited to actually get to wear my AatP Gathers Frill jsk. It was a bit hot but I was really happy with how everything went together. I got a lot of compliments and quite a few people asked to take my picture! I also heard a lot of comments on my rocking horse boots. People can seem to understand how we manage to walk in them XD.


Coordinate Details:
JSK and Tote bag: Alice and the Pirates
Blouse: Rakuen
Socks and Ring: Metamorphose
Parasol: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Necklace: Vivienne Westwood Replica
Shoes: Montreal

All in all, I had a great time this year! I can't wait to go again next year and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to the show in Tuxedo as well later this summer.
Photos by Eric Maruscak

No comments:

Post a Comment